Chateau Amsterdam was founded in 2018 and aims to become a top-5 wine brand in the Netherlands by 2025. Chateau Amsterdam is a 2,000 m2 urban winery and hospitality location. Its core activities include wine production, wine sales, and hospitality services (tasting room, restaurant, and shop). The mission is to make wine an urban affair and introduce as many people as possible to the craft. In the Netherlands, Chateau Amsterdam produces 15% of the national wine production and sells 200,000 bottles per year. Starting from 2025, Chateau Amsterdam also plans to expand its operations internationally.
We are looking for someone who can take on the role of Marketing Lead and continue to propel the brand forward on this journey. You’ll be working alongside the marketing team, which includes 0.5 FTE (full-time equivalent) internally, freelancers, and agencies, to oversee the entire marketing scope and ensure its successful execution. Your main objective will be to implement a successful marketing strategy, collaborating closely with the founder to develop a strategic marketing plan. This is an exciting position that requires a proactive and hands-on approach.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for someone who can perform the role at a medior level and is not afraid to get their hands dirty. Chateau Amsterdam is a rapidly growing organization that requires a hands-on mentality and continuous reflection on content and organization. As a medior, you are eager to demonstrate that you are almost ready for that senior step.
You will experience a learning curve, make mistakes, and celebrate successes while implementing all the lessons learned. Together with the team, you will be responsible for the entire marketing process, from developing all our marketing communications, including budgeting, to managing the friends community/loyalty program, campaigns, media, content, PR, awards, sponsorships, social media, website, webshop, design, packaging, and more. As a team, you will ensure that the captivating Chateau Amsterdam story is shared effectively with all stakeholders, both external and internal. You will work closely with the production/sales and hospitality teams.
Collaborating with the founder, you will contribute significantly to the strategic marketing plan, although the overall direction will be set by the founder and the entire core team.
As the linchpin of the team, you will ensure its smooth functioning, understanding the direction we are heading, and leading the way with enthusiasm. You will tackle various projects with eagerness and fearlessness, never hesitating to make last-minute decisions and adapt to the fast pace within the company.
You will be reporting to the founder and collaborating with a junior marketer and a marketing intern. Chateau Amsterdam is a flat organization where a small team of professionals shapes the operations, and you will be part of the core team.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE | COMPETENCIES
- Min. of 7 years of experience in marketing and branding, preferably on agency side or in a leading position at an FMCG brand
- You have a entrepreneurial and pragmatic mindset; you are not afraid to take action, write texts, or pitch ideas
- You are eager to learn more about the strategic aspect of marketing, but you already have previous experience in this area
- You are skilled at combining the creative aspect of marketing with the commercial, performance-oriented side
- You are ambitious and driven to achieve goals and translate opportunities into possibilities for our brand
- Flexible and resilient to navigate the growth challenges from startup to scale-up
- You are socially adept and can handle different personalities well
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary, commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 vacation days
- Hybrid work model, with the possibility to work up to 40% of your time from home
- An inspiring workplace
- Travel expense reimbursement for locations outside Amsterdam
- SAR scheme in the future